If your organisation depends on a mobile workforce to deliver your service or products then rising transport costs, like fuel prices and drivers’ salaries, are likely to be a regular cause of concern.
Streamlining the tasks that your staff complete each day - and ensuring that every member of the team follows the same efficient process - can really help you to remove inefficiencies and duplication and keep these costs under control.
Whether you are delivering goods or providing on-site services, implementing proof of delivery software provides a straightforward, low risk solution to streamlining processes and maximising the efficiency of your operation.
Here are 6 ways proof of delivery software can increase operational efficiency in your organisation:
1. Speed up field processes – Using a proof of delivery app, your drivers are guided through field processes by a series of user-friendly screens, removing the need to take long handwritten notes or remember complex procedures. These quicker electronic processes can enable drivers to complete more jobs per day and reduce inaccuracies that would require time-consuming follow up.
2. Cut inbound call volume – With proof of delivery software, automated customer delivery notifications, such as arrival time updates via SMS and delivery confirmation via email, reduce the need for customers to call your central service team. This increases the efficiency of your inbound customer query processes and can free up additional customer service resource.
3. Reduce the number of redeliveries – For organisations that need a customer to be present in order to provide a service or for a successful delivery, providing frequent and accurate updates can help cut the number of failures, reducing the associated costs and administrative burden. Real-time data transfer, including photographs and notes as necessary, also means that some delivery issues can be rectified while the driver is on-site, removing the need for a redelivery.
4. Remove delays in receiving data – Proof of delivery software provides your office-based staff with real-time visibility of updates from the field. This means that they no longer need to wait for paper delivery notes to be returned and manually inputted. Instead, they can act immediately on incoming data to resolve issues, proactively manage customer service, reduce delays in invoicing and manage stock more efficiently.
5. Improve internal communication – With proof of delivery software, all data collected in the field is transmitted between mobile and office-based teams in real-time, reducing the need for drivers to ring into the office and optimising internal communication processes. To further streamline internal processes, office-based staff are also able to send messages to individual drivers, selected driver groups, all users or attach information to specific jobs within the system.
6. Provide data for analysis and continuous improvement – Proof of delivery software provides access to a wealth of data for analysis, whether you wish to access it via dashboards within the solution or have raw data transmitted to your central systems. Access to this data allows you to identify problems or opportunities to increase efficiency and rapidly adapt your processes for continuous improvement.
In our experience, every mobile workforce operation is different and as such the range of improvements available will vary depending on your business. The one thing that is consistent is that proof of delivery software can be up and running quickly, reducing your costs and streamlining your processes within just a few months. To find out how proof of delivery software can increase operational efficiency for your organisation, get in touch to discuss with one of our experienced team.